10.21.2009

ALIVE

Greetings dear readers.

By now you probably thought me dead, but I assure you I was not dead but dreaming. Like great Cthulhu in his sunken abode R'lyeh.

Things happen, ya know?

I am awake once more, feeling more alive than ever before; if that's possible. I feel as if I'm finally really LIVING, not just walking through life on auto-pilot. I'll explain how I have come to this new awareness in the next post...

Now a for a poem written before the awakening, but fitting in its own right:

OPEN YOUR EYES
Is it worth destroying your enemy if you are destroyed in the process?
There are no winners and losers, only those who have not yet succumbed to their wounds.
The blood is on everyone’s hands…
Brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, sons and daughters
We are all to blame
Violence will not stop violence
The wolf’s bite, the sheep’s charge
Religion as a crutch for discrimination
Damnation
Continually spitting forth the lies to feed the fires
One man’s words brought a whole nation to hellish fury
Now the whole world is blind
Broken and bleeding
Patriotism is a lie, why can’t we have universalism?
Unite as one world
Reach out a hand to mend each others wounds
Still we close our eyes
Close our minds and live in the illusion
Feeding on propaganda from birth to death
Wallowing in the clotting blood of those gone before us
Refusing to move on and end the slaughter
End this madness
“Is this the mark of a sane world, or one which is so mad that the madmen are not only running the asylum, but have redefined sanity?”

No comments: